Developing a PGA of America governance structure that is more reflective of America is crucial to our ability to grow participation in the sport and attract new talent to the business.
We are committed to recruiting, developing, engaging and retaining diverse talent at all levels, in all disciplines, and in all locations across the Association. Governance diversification requires an intentional, multi-pronged effort to achieve the diversity of talent that will provide multiple perspectives to drive increased creativity, innovation and success. The leading program of our strategy includes PGA LEAD.
PGA LEAD is a two-year curated leadership development program specifically designed for those who are interested in ascending to leadership roles within Association governance. The program provides a deep bench of PGA Professionals from diverse backgrounds who aspire to lead at the Chapter, Section and National levels of the Association. This program also includes all aspects of community service and volunteer leadership that prepares individuals to serve within the PGA and on nonprofit boards within their communities. The program consists of monthly sessions with content area experts covering the vital components to leadership including inclusive leadership, strengths-based leadership, public speaking, personal branding, and Board governance. Participants have the opportunity to connect and network with PGA leaders at the PGA Annual Meeting and the PGA Merchandise Show.
PGA LEAD is open to all Class A PGA Professionals in good standing with at least one year of membership. Up to 15 PGA Professionals are selected each year in December and begin their two-year journey meeting monthly via Skype type meetings in January.
The application process is open to all Class A PGA Professionals with at least one year in good standing with special consideration given to protected classes (Gender, Ability, People of Color, LGBTQ and Generational Differences). Up to 15 PGA Professionals from diverse backgrounds are selected annually and begin their two-year journey meeting monthly via Skype type meetings with content area experts.
Multiple PGA LEAD members and alumni have begun ascending into key leadership positions within their PGA Sections.
- Dawn Neujahr, PGA – Cohort I, Vice President of Nebraska PGA Section
- Erin Streick, PGA – Cohort II, Vice President of Iowa PGA Section
- Howie Pruitt, PGA – Cohort I, President of the Pacific Northwest PGA Section and Chairman Member of the National Board of Control
- Justin Martin, PGA – Cohort II, At-Large Director of the Georgia PGA Section
- Rich Jones, PGA – Cohort II, Second Vice President of the Metropolitan PGA Section
- Vernon Bane, PGA – Cohort III, Board Member of the Sun Country PGA Section
- Mackenzie Mack, PGA/LPGA – Cohort IV, Board Member of the Tennessee PGA Section
- Brittany Kelly, PGA/LPGA – Cohort IV, Board Member of the Indiana PGA Section
- Andre Pillow, PGA – Cohort III, At-Large Director Member of the Michigan Section
- Alice Plain, PGA – Cohort I, Board Member, Board Member of the Colorado Section
- Meghan Spero, PGA – Cohort II, Chairwoman, Philadelphia Women’s Committee
- Joshua Salmon, PGA – Cohort II, Board Member of the Sun Country Section
- Jim Simminger, PGA – Cohort II, Secretary SW Chapter Southern Ohio PGA
- Amber Pasel, PGA – Cohort II, Board Member Indiana Section
- Ryan Young, PGA – Cohort III, Secretary of the Western Washington Chapter, PNW
- Jacquelyn Marie Gately, PGA – Cohort III, Chapter Membership Chair, Gulf States Section.
- Caleb Hung, PGA – Cohort IV, Vice President of the Western Washington Chapter, Pacific Northwest Section
- Kimberly Falcone, PGA – Cohort IV, Board Member, Southern California Section
- Jacqueline Madison, PGA – Cohort IV, Chapter Board of Directors and then Vice-President of the Women’s Golf Alliance, Midwest Section
- Alessandra Maurtua, PGA – Cohort IV, Southern Texas, Eastern Chapter Vice President
- Carrie DeGree, PGA – Cohort V Board Member, Oregon Chapter and Education Chair of the PNW Section
- Carissa Shaw, PGA – Cohort V Western Washington Chapter Board Member and the Chapter Player Development Chair, Pacific Northwest Section
- Briana Sweeny, PGA – Cohort V, Lowcountry Chapter PGA REACH Director, Carolinas Section.
- Allison Mitzel, PGA – Cohort V, At Large Director for New Hampshire Chapter, New England Section
- Tom Son, PGA – Cohort VI, Board Member, Southern California Section
***15 PGA LEADers are on National Committees***